Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Getting our act together

As the days get shorter and the temperatures drop here in Colorado we are itching to head south.  Tying up some loose ends as we get closer to our launch date of 11.15.2012   I started the process of getting all the insurance in order yesterday.  Sanborn's for the international portion and State farm for the US leg.  I also got some baselayer items that should make things like being on a bike for 4 months straight more enjoyable.  I opted for the smartwool microweight bottoms and long sleeve tops.  I picked up two of each and think that they will work well under my Klim riding gear.  I am going to test them out today.  The rentals have finally started to slow down a bit giving me some more time during the day to get things situated.  I am going to work on the website and get things like the gear list and logistics all buttoned up.  The two BMW R1200GS Adventures have been checked out and given a clean bill of health by Foothills BMW in Lakewood so we should be all set to go come November.  Check back here and on the website for more frequent updates as the trip becomes a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment