Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The wrap up

Well, I'm almost home, in a plane at 30,000 feet somewhere over Colorado looking down at all the city lights and I have to say that the trip turned out to be exactly what I wanted it to be, even though I didn't really know what that was when we left over 3 months ago. It took on a life of its own, it changed and morphed along the way. I think I have come away from it changed in some ways, hopefully for the better. I kept waiting for that to happen and then when I had forgotten about it, there it was. I find myself wondering why I really set out on the road in the first place. The answer I came up with was really more of an answer to why would anyone decide to do a trip like this in the first place? I think that there are lots of different reasons, but two of them stand out to me... to ride to a specific place and see certain things along the way, or to just go for a ride. The latter seemed like a better idea to me. I sure enjoyed the journey both in myself and on the bike. I started a to do list to catch up on some things for when I get back to real life and it has some odd items on it. The last two that I added today were to live in the moment, and to help someone in need bigtime. I think that both of those items will most likely stay on the list and not get checked off as complete anytime soon.

I can see the snow lit by the moon out the plane window and I sure am expecting some culture shock. Just standing in line was weird for me at the airport. Everyone just waited for their turn in a nice personal bubble, nobody crowding and shuffling to solidify their place in line. At first I was anxious and felt the need to move up and crowd in, but then I relaxed and moved back into the different way of doing things that I used to be accustomed to. Such a small thing as standing in line, I wonder what the future holds as far as culture shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment